Tuesday 14 December 2010

German Impressions III


I recieved a letter from a reader in Australia, J., who misses Germany and France very much. She told me that she gets her 'fix' of Europe via my blog so today's 'Impressions..' from the Christmas market in Stuttgart (home of a certain German car manufacturer) is for her.
Don't forget to check out my posts on the Christmas market in Hamburg, and the Swedish Christmas market in Paris.

There was so much snow in Stuttgart that most flights were cancelled but our plane was luckily only delayed for about 45 minutes. When the flight attended announced that it was -12C outside I thought I misunderstood him somehow but I didn't.


 The roofs of the stalls are all individually decorated. There is even an annual competition choosing the most beautiful roof.

 Lebkuchen hearts

 Miniature train on the Christmas market




 Glühwein is the German equivalent to Swedish Glögg.

Christmas cookie heaven


The church in Stuttgart

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by european chic and commenting. Every comment makes my day!
Anna

More from European Chic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...