Thursday 27 January 2011

German Impressions IV



'Naturally', in order to recover from my Italy trip at Christmas time I spontaneously decided  to go to Frankfurt am Main, a four hour train ride away from Paris. Ok, I am just kidding, I simply wanted to travel and any reason works for me. There were lots of cute shops around, especially in the Bergerstrasse area. I'll post the second batch in a few days.

On a different note; I finally got round to activating the comment function, so comment away! I love interacting with my readers. A few readers had written in and asked about commenting on my blog. There was no particular reason not to do it so now I cross my fingers that it works.









The house of Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (now a museum), one of Germany's great writers.

All photos: European Chic

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! I'm the first commenter - what an honour ☺.

    Ah, Anna, I *love* these photos. They make me even more homesick for Germany. There are so many things I'd forgotten.

    Like in the first photo, how Germans use a comma instead of a decimal point, like we would (and the reverse - I found that very confusing).

    I used to have a Deutsche Bank account - it took so much effort to get one as a 'foreigner'!

    And good old Goethe. I studied him at Uni - 'Faust' and 'Die Leiden des jungen Werthers' come to mind.

    Thanks so much for sharing, Anna - you're a gem!
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I've been following your blog for a while and have been dying to comment a couple of times. Great pics! I lived in Wiesbaden, near Frankfurt, as a child, so I have a certain nostalgia when it comes to that part of Germany!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by european chic and commenting. Every comment makes my day!
Anna

More from European Chic

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...